Durham Marriott Hotel Royal County
Select your stay dates to check availability
Durham Marriott Hotel Royal County
About the hotel
Durham Marriott Hotel Royal County is in the heart of Durham, walking distance from Durham World Heritage Site Visitor Centre and Palace Green. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Durham Heritage Centre and Museum and St. Nicholas Church.
Stay in one of 150 guestrooms featuring flat-screen televisions. Your bed comes with down comforters, and all rooms are furnished with single sofa beds. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Rec, Spa, Premium Amenities
Relax and unwind with massages and facials. If you're looking for recreational opportunities, you'll find a health club, an indoor pool, and a spa tub. Additional features at this Victorian hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access and wedding services.
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel's restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges. Breakfast is available daily for a fee.
Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include a computer station, express check-in, and express check-out. Planning an event in Durham? This hotel has 3488 square feet (324 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and meeting rooms. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
- Conference center
- Spa tub
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Conference space size (feet) - 3488
- Meeting rooms 5
- Laundry facilities
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Express check-out
- Total number of rooms - 150
- Designated smoking areas
- Wedding services
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Health club
- Steam room
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Conference space size (meters) - 324
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Computer station
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Indoor pool
- Express check-in
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Luggage storage
- Coffee shop or café
- Number of floors - 3
- Multilingual staff
- Year Built 1700
- Spa services on site
- Free WiFi
- Fitness facilities
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Free toiletries
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Shower/tub combination
- Sofa bed
- Room service (24 hours)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Private bathroom
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Cable TV service
- Premium bedding
- Sofa bed size single
- Room service
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Down comforter
- Separate bedroom
- Pay movies
- Premium TV channels
- Flat-panel TV
- Hair dryer
- Climate control
Know Before You Go
- Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
- Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
- The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: GBP 16.00 for adults and GBP 7.75 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: GBP 10.00 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: GBP 5.00 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 15.00 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Renovations and Closures
The following facilities will be closed from 12 November 2015 to 15 November 2015 (dates subject to change):
- Parking area